Windmill from the village of KukoboyShort description
The shattered windmill from the village of Kukoboy (Pervomayskiy district, Yaroslavl region) was built around 1920-s, was located on a historical site. Smock mill with an unknown number of sails and two pairs of millstones. Sheathed Frame. Was used as a flour mill (flour).
|Condition||The windmill is destroyed, the monument doesn't exist anymore|
News about the windmill (in Russian)
2009: возможна перевозка в Ярославль http://www.sevkray.ru/news/10/18415/
It is more correct to talk about the mill from the village of Zakharino (Zakhar'evo in some sources), but everywhere it has been known as the mill from the village of Kukoboy.
In 1920 there was commune named after Krupskaya here. In reality it was convent disguised as a commune. The details are here or can be easily found in the internet. It looks like the windmill was built by communards.
The last mill in Yaroslavl region. In the summer of 2016, we knew that it had most likely collapsed, but we were still hoping we were wrong. In vain. We found only broken millstones a few kilometers to the east from Kukoboy. It's a pity. There are no mills with such architecture, for example with such a shape of the cap. Firstly we thought that this smock, as other northern smocks, could have lived long and could have told us many interesting things. However, judging by photos, vertical shaft didn't have any branches between wallower and great spur wheel which means that the whole mechanism was only two couples of millstones.
The photo is here, and in the middle here, here and here.