Nikolaev's's windmill from the village of Novye Shimkusy (Yalchikskiy district, Republic of Chuvashia) was built in 1909, is located on a historical site. Smock mill with an unknown number of sails and unknown number of millstones. Log construction. Was used as a flour mill (flour).
|Condition||The windmill is in ruins and is collapsing|
|Status||In noone's possession, not used|
|Mechanism||Not restored, is going to ruin|
The following historical parts of the mechanism have been preserved:
Brake wheel, Upright shaft.
Village name in Chuvash language is Kurnavash. Miller name in Chuvash language is (probably) Микуç Windmills were built here from 1885 year. There were six windmills, one watermill and several horse driven сrushing mills. Very detailed village description is here, windmills are interestingly described on page 22.
Volga region smock windmill. Photos are here, video is here.